Last Updated: February 8, 2018
1. Collection of Information
1.1. Information You Provide to Us
You may provide information to us when you use the Vetelo Platform, including when you sign up with the Vetelo mobile applications, contact us with inquiries, respond to surveys, or otherwise use Vetelo’s services. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, and payment information, including credit card information and billing address used to complete the deliveries, and other information that may identify you. When you place a request through the Vetelo Platform, we collect information related to the request, including the products or services delivered, and delivery locations.
1.2. Information We Collect When You Use the Vetelo Platform
We also may collect information about you and your device(s) automatically when you access or use the Vetelo Platform. This information may include:
• Location Information. We receive your location information when you’re using the Vetelo Platform, including when the apps are in use in the foreground or background.
• Device Information. We receive information from the Vetelo platform users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, unique device identifiers.
• Usage Information. We automatically receive information about your interactions with the Vetelo Platform, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the Vetelo Platform, and the dates and times of your visits.
• Call and Text Information. We work with one or more third parties to facilitate phone calls and text messages between Vetelo Customers and Partners. We receive information about these communications including the date and time of the call or text message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text messages. We do not record or have access to the content of the phone calls
1.3. Information We Receive from Third Parties
• We may collect information about you or others through non-affiliated third parties. For example, to the extent permitted by law, we may, in our sole discretion, ask for and collect supplemental information from third parties, such as information about your credit from a credit bureau, or information to verify your identity or trustworthiness, or for other fraud or safety protection purposes. We may combine information that we collect from you through the Vetelo Platform with information that we obtain from such affiliated and non-affiliated third parties and information derived from any other products or services we provide.
2. Use of Information
We may use the information we collect from all Users to:
• Connect your request to our delivery partners and complete your deliveries;
• Provide, improve, expand, and promote the Vetelo Platform;
• Analyze how Users interact with the Vetelo Platform;
• Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
• Personalize the content and features you see or receive from Us;
• Send you text messages and push notifications;
• Facilitate transactions and payments;
• Provide you with customer support;
• Find and prevent fraud;
• Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise, including auto incidents, disputes between Users, and requests from government authorities.
3. Sharing of Information
3.1. Sharing Between Users
When Vetelo Drivers receive delivery requests, they are able to see all the information provided by the Customers or Partners in their request form. Customers or Partners are able to see Vetelo Drivers’ information (including, but not limited to the Vetelo Driver’s profile picture, name, make, and model of vehicle, real-time location) when the request is accepted by a driver. During a delivery, Users are able to call and text each other (Users’ actual phone numbers are masked). Your Vetelo Driver rating may be shared with Vetelo Drivers for quality-assurance purposes.
3.2. Sharing Between Vetelo and Third Parties
API and Integration Partners. If you connect to the Vetelo Platform through an integration with a third party service, we may share information about your use of the Vetelo Platform with that third party. We may share your information with our third party partners in order to receive additional information about you. We may also share your information with third party partners to create offers that may be of interest to you.
Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to perform services on our behalf, and we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide the Vetelo Platform, including all of the things described in Section 2 above.
Partners. If you are one of our Partners and charge Vetelo’s fees to your organization’s billing method or credits, we will provide your organization’s account holder with information about your use of the Vetelo Platform, including delivery details such as date, time, charge, delivered items and drop-off locations.
Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
• While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets;
• If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
• With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Users, Vetelo, or the public;
• To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures.
• If you signed up for a promotion with another User’s referral or promotion code, with your referrer to let them know about your redemption of or qualification for the promotion;
• To provide information about the use of the Vetelo Platform to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
• Whenever you consent to the sharing.
4. Your Choices
Emails and Text Messages. Each of our marketing emails and text messages contains instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing or other communications, but we will still send you transactional and relational emails and text messages about your account and use of the Vetelo Platform.
Location Information. Customers and Partners can prevent their device from sharing location information at any time through their device’s operating system settings.
5. Third-Party Links
The Vetelo Platform may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not have control over. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before giving them your information.
6. Referral Program
Vetelo allows users to invite friends to sign up for our services or become a Vetelo Driver by submitting a friend’s name and email address to Vetelo. By choosing to invite a friend you represent that you have received the friend’s consent to provide his or her name and email address to us. Vetelo will use that information to send an email inviting him or her to visit our website or mobile apps and will store that information to track the success of the referral program.
Vetelo has implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard personal information. However, no online activity is ever fully secure or error-free. Therefore, Vetelo does not guarantee that your personal information is absolutely secure. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information or other information to Vetelo. You are responsible for safeguarding your username and password.
8. Children’s Information
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at info@Vetelo.com. A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s personal information.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Vetelo pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via the email or mailing address provided below. Please allow 30 days for a response.
10. California Do Not Track Disclosure
Vetelo does not have a mechanism in place for responding to browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms used to limit collection of information for use in Online Behavioral Advertising.
12. Contact Information
13. Product Shipping And Delivery
We only offer same day or future scheduled delivery of products to Los Angeles county and Orange county areas. Product handling is performed by the vendor and vendor’s delivery company is being used to deliver the products to customers.
3442 Foothill Blvd STE 155
Glendale, CA 91214