The Manhattan was the most famous cocktail in the world shortly after it was invented in New York City’s Manhattan Club, some time around 1880 (as the story goes). Over the years, the whiskey classic has dipped in and out of fashion before finding its footing as one of the cornerstones of the craft cocktail renaissance.
- 2 ounces Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Rye
- 1 ounce sweet Cinzano Bianco Vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Garnish: brandied cherry
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice, and stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with a brandied cherry.